World Mission Centre – Statement of Faith
World Mission Centre believes:
- The original manuscripts of the 66 books of the Bible to be the fully inspired, infallible and inerrant Word of God. The Bible is therefore our supreme authority in all matters of faith and life.
- There is one God, creator of all things, who is eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit who alone is to be worshiped to the exclusion of all other gods (Exodus 20:1-6).
- In the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His humanity, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His physical death on the cross, in His historical resurrection, in His bodily ascension to the right hand of God the Father, in His personal, visible return in power and glory.
- God the Holy Spirit regenerates, indwells and empowers born-again Christian believers to obey God’s truth as revealed in the Bible, in godly living and service, praise and worship, and engiftment for effective service.
- Humankind was created in the image of God, perfect and in harmony with God. Sin entered the world through man and thus corrupted creation. As a result, all humans are sinners and stand guilty before God thus deserving God’s wrath in judgement.
- In and subscribe to the Biblical standard of heterosexual marriage between one natural man and one natural woman, each with specific biological sexual characteristics and that this is the only marriage relationship that constitutes holy matrimony. Any other sexual relationship outside this definition of marriage is sin.
- In the resurrection of all men: Believers will be resurrected to eternal life with God and unbelievers to eternal suffering apart from God.
- God, in Jesus Christ, provided the only way of salvation (John 14:6; Acts 4:12) and therefore in keeping with Christ’s command, the Gospel must be proclaimed and disciples made throughout the whole earth.
- God acted in love to provide a way for sinful humankind to be made righteous before Him. Jesus Christ’s substitutionary death on the cross and victory over death in the resurrection is the sole and all-sufficient ground of redemption from sin. Humankind must accept God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ and repent of sin in order to be saved. While humankind is incapable of living a totally perfect life while on earth, Jesus Christ’s righteousness is reckoned to them as they respond to the work of the Holy Spirit and accept Him by faith.
- That all who are born again, through faith in Jesus Christ, compose the universal church, that the new birth and personal confession of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord are essential for Church membership, and that local congregations of believers are important for the observance of the Biblical ordinances (baptism and the Lord’s table), biblical instruction, worship, service, fellowship, and to carry out the Great Commission to all ethnic groups.